Saturday, 28 June 2014

The Warrior Child

The Warrior Child

A war rages
Never ending
The King’s child is asleep
Unperturbed
Luxuriously indulgent
Comfortable
Under pretense
That all is easy
There is no battle
No call to arms.
A dry broken skeleton.

Silence.

I was asleep.
I am the King’s child.
I was nonchalant
I refused to grieve
I refused to lament
over the detestable things
that are done in the land. 
I refused to acknowledge the battle.

I was rudely awoken
I was called to battle
I was called to arms
I was called to grieve
I was called to lament.
I was terrified.

“Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord”
“I will put my Spirit in you and you will live”
“Stand Up!”
“Do not be terrified by them or I will terrify you before them.”
“I have made you
a fortified city
an iron pillar
a bronze wall
to stand against the whole land.”
“They will fight against you
but will not overcome you
for I am with you
 and will rescue you,”
Declares the Lord
The King
To His child
Who is now awake
Stripped for battle
Equipped
To follow his King
Who is stripped
For battle.

“For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 

This war is fought on our knees, in Holy Spirit led prayer.
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.



Our sword is the Word of God, not our own human wisdom, eloquent words or persuasive rhetoric.
The Holy Spirit alone convicts of sin.



Do not worry about what you will say before men.
“For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”



Do not worry about their threats.
For the Holy spirit will equip you to speak the Word with great boldness.


Do not worry if when you speak, they are stubborn, obstinate and refuse to repent.
For whether they listen or fail to listen - for they are a rebellious bunch- they will know that a prophet has been among them.



This war is not fought in our own strength and power.
We receive his power when the Holy Spirit comes upon us.



Our goal is not to please men.
We are to preach repentance and forgiveness of sins in Jesus’ Name
For there is no other Name by which men can be saved.



But the Lord said to me, “Do not say ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and will rescue you, “ declares the Lord. Jeremiah 1:7-8







References:

Luke 24:45-49; John 16:8-11; Acts 1:8; Luke 12:11; Acts 4:29-31; Eph 6:10-20; 2 Cor 11:6; 1 Cor 2:1-5,13; Rev 19:11-16; James 5:16; Jeremiah 1:17-19; Ezekiel 37:1-14; Ezekiel 9:4; Rev 3:1-3; Ezekiel 2, 3; 2 Cor 10:3-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.