Sunday, 24 August 2014

The Absent-Minded PRAY-er

I am consistently disturbed by the increasing sexual immorality in our nation and in our world.

What do I mean by sexual immorality you ask?

I run with the Bible’s definition: anything of a sexual nature outside of a monogamous marriage between a man and a woman is sexual immorality. Jesus even called lusting after another person sexual immorality - so our society’s cultural definition is way off the mark here to God’s prescribed standard.

I am only 42 years of age but I am old enough to see a major decline in the morality of our society in this area alone. When I was a kid, it was rare to see television shows with marriage break-ups, spouses having affairs, teenagers groping each other or constant sexual innuendo as part of the dialogue, let alone homosexual alliances. That sort of stuff wasn’t really seen unless you were up in the wee hours of the morning, watching some obscure show (which I wasn’t but we all knew what went on.) 

So I ask... is this really where we want our nation to be heading?
Let me put it another way...
Are you happy about where this slippery slope is leading?
Have you really thought through the consequences of what this will mean for future generations?

Seems to me that the slope of moral decline has rapidly increased in it’s declination. To put it in simple English, I believe we are heading off a moral cliff face. While members of our nation fight to have homosexuality seen as okay, I wonder who will be next in-line to have their unnatural sexual preferences condoned by society. I hear the pedophiles are working hard on this overseas - justifying their actions as ‘normal’ rather than an ‘abomination’ as the Bible says. Some say it’s only a matter of time and they too will win.

Does this bother you?
What are you doing about it?

As a Christian this goes against everything I know as true and wholesome and good. I am disturbed by the increasing pressure to conform to the homosexual agenda, placed on those of us who are against it. I don’t want my children encouraged to think this is genetic when it isn’t - even homosexuals will agree that it’s not. Back in the 1970’s or so, homosexuality was considered a mental illness - now we have people in Australia losing their employment because they merely state these truths.

Then there’s the whole sexual abuse saga that’s being investigated in the Catholic Church. Since when was it ever okay for an institution, proclaiming to represent the Holy Creator of the universe to hide and cover up pedophilia!? These people can’t be reading their Bibles. It’s very clear. Blind Freddy could see it. 

How did the Christian church let Satan get such a foothold on our Nation I ask?
I think we have to take some of the responsibility here - though that’s not comfortable is it?

Do we only pray about the small stuff and forget the abominations?
Have we become absent-minded PRAY-ers?
Are we so focused on our own small, family, every-day dramas that we forget the really, really big stuff? 
I know I have done this in the past.

I have never, ever been in a prayer meeting where people have prayed to have the demonic curse of pedophilia rid from our land.

I have never, ever been in a prayer meeting where people have prayed to rid our nation of witchcraft and idolatry.

It has only been in the last year that I have been in prayer meetings where abominations such as abortion, homosexuality and adultery are addressed fervently in prayer. I am ashamed to say this, for I have been in a lot of prayer meetings.

Why do I write this? Because today, the Lord, by the power of his Holy Spirit, convicted me to pray to have pedophilia cast out of our nation. I have to confess, until today I have been absent-minded in my prayers in this area. 

Will you pray daily with me? 
Will you pick up the sword?
Will you ask God to deliver us from evil?


“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.”
2 Cor 10:14

“See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."
Jeremiah 1:10

“The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
Eph 6:17



Not sure how to pray?
Just start with the Lord’s Prayer.

“Therefore you should pray like this:

Our Father in heaven,
Your name be honored as holy.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgotten our debtors.
And do not bring us into temptation,
 but deliver us from the evil one.

For Yours is the kingdom 
and the power and the glory
forever. Amen.” 

Matthew 6:9-13

What will happen if you do?



"Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard."
Isaiah 58:8

Victory!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.