Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Overcoming "Timid Missionary Syndrome"

Timid Missionary Syndrome” is a very highly contagious disease not spoken of in medical texts or psychology annals. Some poor folks are born with it, others contract it later in life.  All find it debilitating, for it blinds and binds the mind and body in such a way, that it makes it difficult for the poor soul to walk a straight and very narrow path, thus making evidence of the disease, easily distinguishable for diagnosis to the healthy and discerning.

Once contracted, no matter the source of infection, this horrible, debilitating disease can quickly become life threatening, rapidly shortening the poor soul’s life and resulting in a life of misery, pain and pure hell.

“What a dreadful disease!” we exclaim.

“How does one heal this?” you ask.

“Is there a modern day cure for such a thing?”

For man is so clever and advanced and wonderful that we now cure all forms of disease and sickness, with but a taste of a small white pill or a doctor’s scalpel. 

"How can it be that such a horrible disease has eluded the very best of man’s medicine?"

"Is there no hope for those poor, diseased souls?"

And so I speak from my own experience. For in my youth I contracted this detestable disease and I discovered that it did do exactly as it is here described. For I was bound and blinded and unable to walk a thin, narrow way. Oh the pain and anguish when I did learn that man has no cure! Oh woe is me! - for who can rid me of this body of death?

My symptoms were heavy burdens, weighing me down. They led me down wide, winding paths of fear and torment for I could not see my way, in my blindness. My life was barren and empty- for a fruitful life needs a life-source and mine was gone, destroyed by disease.

And so I wandered, in pain and anguish, until a humble man spoke to me the truth. 

“There is a cure. You need blood. A blood transfusion of sorts.”

“Is this procedure expensive?” I asked.
“Is it available to all who are diseased or to only the wealthy and noble?”
“Where do I go to receive this healing blood?”

And He spoke words of life to me. Like a soothing balm he said,


 “The blood is free and available to all who ask. You need not leave this room.”

And I wept with relief. For I had found a cure. I could have life!

For "Timid Missionary Syndrome" is cured through sorrowful repentance of my sin. For it is sin to not proclaim truth to the dying - to claim timidity as my justification for silence. And with my confession, came forgiveness - for the blood of Jesus purified me.

Jesus help us proclaim Truth.



“How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!” Hebrews 9: 14

“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness....I write this to you so that you will not sin.” 1 John 1:9 - 2:1

"When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, "Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician but the sick; I did not come to call the righteous but sinners" Mark 2:16,17

"A third time he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you." Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep." John 21:17

The Truth



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.